Allambee Counselling’s community education and prevention initiatives are designed to:
- Raise awareness of the impact of sexual and family violence on individuals, families, and community.
- Break down the myths and stigma surrounding sexual and family violence.
- Empower young people to build healthy and respectful relationships.
- Promote a positive cultural shift in the Peel community’s attitude towards violence.
Current programs include:
- Respectful Relationships Workshops for high school students in the region.
- Protective Behaviours education and promotional activities such as Child Protection Week.
- 5th Annual Peel Regional Memorial Silent March for Domestic Violence.